Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Late Isabel's Doll's Head


Of all the albums that I own, The Late Isabel’s Doll’s Head is the one I love the most. I listen to it when I’m in a depressed mood and want to write a poem or a short story. It always takes me to the beautiful gothic world!

Each song has a dark and spooky story to tell. There is one that tells about a girl who rips off the head of an ugly doll because a “madding voice” and a group of cats tell her to. And another one that tells about a person who is going to die after 68 days. It’s a 9-track gothic album that consists of 8 original songs and 1 cover, which is a Halloween-like version of Sound of Music’s My Favorite Things.

I love this album to death because of the beautiful, narrative and poetic lyrics, Wawi Navarroza’s amazing singing voice and style and the band's epic sound.
People who are REALLY into good OPM should buy this album!

No comments:

Post a Comment