Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stone Temple Pilots… Live! : My ultimate rock concert experience

When I learned 5 days ago from splintr.com’s e-mail message that one of the most successful grunge and alternative rock bands of the 90s, Stone Temple Pilots (STP) will be having a concert in Araneta Coliseum, I got extremely thrilled. I thought Wow! Is this really happening? My ultimate favorite American rock band will finally come to play live in Manila? Being able to watch them will be one of the coolest things that will happen in my life! Indeed, it was one of such things. I couldn’t believe it really happened. It was a dream that became real.

Last night, I went to the concert with my cousin who also likes STP. We were at the Patron section.

Sinosikat?, a Filipino band that plays soul, funk and rock opened the show for STP. They played smooth music for the crowd. Vocalist Kat Agarrado entertained us with her seductively strong voice and beautifully sensual dance moves. She’s one hell of a performer. Unlike other famous rock vocalists in the country, she sounded good live. No wonder STP chose them to be the front act. Sinosikat? played Turning My Safety Off, So Blue, Telepono, Mr. Musikero and Praning.


Sinosikat?, from afar.


Kat looks sexually attractive on the screen.

After a long intermission, the band that we’d been waiting for, STP appeared on the stage. We clamored crazily for them. Scott Weiland’s (the vocalist) voice was amazingly great. His dance moves were awkward but enjoyable to watch. The band rocked the stage as expected. We sang along with them, headbanged and danced wildly. STP played Crackerman, Wicked Garden, Vasoline, Heaven and Hot Rods,Between the Lines, Hickory Dichotomy, Still Remains , Big empty, Dancing Days, Silvergun Superman, Plush, Intersate Love song, Huckleberry Crumble, Down, Sex Type Thing, Dead and Bloated and Trippin’ in a Hole in a Paper Heart.


Scott Weiland (left) and guitarist Dean DeLeo (right)

It’s the best rock concert I’ve ever been to!

7 comments:

  1. first of, it must really be the concert of the century ere in the P.I. I see, the screenshots themselves are AMAZING!! loved the fact that they sticked with their old ways, they haven't lost their touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for the comment, Carmz. my cousin took the pictures that's why they look amazing. i'm lucky to be with a cousin who's taller than me. he's also a better photographer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. marami pang pictures yan. i haven't uploaded them yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. patron section. i wish i had the budget.. but anyway, eventhough i'm at GA, i totally enjoyed the concert. STP's music is timeless. i'm still high. couldn't believe they had a concert here. haha! thanks for the pics.. ang lapit.. ;) will update my post too once i've organized my vids and pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for reading this blog entry and writing a comment, voxundyinglands. STP is my all time favorite band kaya i'd pay anything just to watch them. kahit mahal pa! talagang pinag-ipunan ko ang tickets kasi i know they'd come here. i've been praying for this concert to happen. and it did. finally. :)

    i'll post more pictures of the concert later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, all I can say is that you're a very lucky girl-- being in the patron section and having the chance to see one of your favorite rock bands (They needed not to be frequently seen on tv nowadays just to have a demand for a concert here, which is a totally damn lucky thing for you :))I'm pretty sure the concert was a blast, and if I was there, I think I would have enjoyed too! (I still can't move on from the fact that I wasn't able to join the fun T_T).

    Hmm, and as for my comment for the blog itself, I can say I like the idea that you write about stuff that no one typically writes about. (like P.I.A , old school rock bands and videos etc..) It is only from you that I learn about these things-- When I'm with other people, it's like, well the stuff you like-- it's like they don't have any idea about it. Haha^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Check out our photo gallery of the concert! :) Share it also with your friends!

    Actually, click on the words that you can click on for more stories :)

    http://www.atthewomb.com/index.php/blog/entry/stone_temple_pilots_in_manila_photo_gallery#jump

    ReplyDelete